Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Cause

I came up with the cause our group decided upon, which is anti-Semitism. I was really reluctant to vote for my own cause because I didn't want to dominate the group, but everyone complied. There were other great options as well, but since anti-Semitism is such a vast and relevant topic locally and around the world, we decided to go with it.

Anti-Semitism seems to be the most important topic to me out of everyone in the group, because I'm the only Jewish group member. Trying to end anti-Semitism is probably impossible, but I'm excited to take a stab at creating awareness and educating people about the wrongness of bigotry and prejudice against Jews. It's something I have certainly faced directly, but nothing compared to what others go through.

It also makes me think of the racism and prejudice against all other ethnic or religious groups -- the topic of our project has opened my eyes to how much injustice is in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment